Home again

30 Dec

We got to the apartment around 7 PM last night. Although the flight was only a little delayed (about 20 minutes) it was a rough flight. Eli wouldn’t sleep really much at all, only 15 or 20 minutes here and there and was clearly not in a very good mood. There was another baby behind us and he and Eli seemed to be tag teaming because every time one would quiet down the other would start up. Maybe they were talking to each other, just in a screamy sort of way. I’m sure the other people around just LOVED us.

As usual, Andy took it all in stride while I ended up with a giant tension headache. I think it also had to do with the fact I had almost no caffeine yesterday. We bought some really terrible coffee at a truck stop but I didn’t drink much of it (the nastiness of the coffee outweighed the need for caffeine). Andy and I split a coke on the plane and that was it. We got back to Seattle and the last 5 or 10 minutes of the descent was pretty exciting, we had gusty winds from the south and it made for a very swervy, jerky landing. We got all of the bags except for the box we packed. All the gifts! I went to the baggage office to find out what to do (I had also accidentally left our baggage tags and my boarding pass in the airplane seat pocket) and the box was sitting at a carousel down there. I have no idea how it got there, it was just sitting in the middle of nothing by itself, a good two or three carousels down from ours. But HEY! Woohoo! It was found. Yay for that.

We gave Eli a bottle and a bath (boy, that kid was ripe and not in a poop diaper sort of way) and Andy swaddled him and he was out by 8:30 PM. He slept through until 3 AM (wow!) and then ate and went back down until he finally woke up at 8:30 AM. There were some binky replacements between 4:30 AM and his final wake up but he generally fell right back to sleep. I’m sure a few of those he might not have even needed but sometimes he’s such a noisy sleeper he fakes me out and I think he’s awake.

So today we’re just trying to get the apartment in order. Andy has practice tonight and I’m going to go to June’s for a short bit so she can have some baby therapy. For all the sleep, Eli is still a little out of sorts, much happier than yesterday but nowhere near the pleasantness of the last week. I think it’ll take a day or two of a lot of make up sleep to get him back to his usual smiley self. We think he also misses all the grandparents, he doesn’t get quite the constant attention with just us 😉 We’ve got him in a footed sleeper and it’s a 6 month size and he almost fits it. He’s about to bust out of several of his 3 month sleepers. We measured him this morning and he’s at 25 inches, a good 4 inch growth since he was born and last week he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz. Quite the chunk.


2 Responses to “Home again”

  1. wendy spies December 30, 2008 at 6:30 pm #

    I am happy you survived! Here is to you guys getting back into a routine.

  2. Sue December 31, 2008 at 5:04 pm #

    Sure is a big change for grandparents too. Having him within hugging distance was wonderful. He is undoubtedly one of the top 4 grandchildren in history.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: